Chicken is spicy with garlic and chili, characteristic aroma of basil combined with fried eggs … creating a strange attraction!
This is a very popular dish and is loved in Thailand for its delicious ingredients and simple recipe.
1. Ingredients: For 3-4 people
a) For chicken:
– 400-450g fillet chicken drumstick or chicken breast.
4-5 garlic cloves
– 3-4 chili, depending on the taste you increase or replace non-spicy peppers
– 1 bunch of basil leaves
b) As for the sauce: Should be adjusted according to family taste
– 1.5 tablespoons of vegetable oil
– 1.5 tablespoons oyster oil
– 2 teaspoons light soy sauce
– 1.5 teaspoons of black soy sauce
– 2 teaspoons of sugar
– 3 tablespoons of water
c) For the fried egg:
– 3-4 eggs (1 each)
– Vegetable oil
d) Service: Steamed rice, served with cucumber
2. How to do:
– Chicken fillet washed, cut small square to taste.
– Vegetable basil remove old leaves, remove the root, wash.
– Cucumber washed, soaked in salt water, peeled, sliced.
– Peeled garlic, chili seeds, then crush them in a mortar. This is also a feature of Thai cuisine when the ingredients are crushed to create a traditional pungent taste.
– Put all the sauce in a bowl, stir well into a paste.
b) How to make an omelet slightly crunchy on the edge of the egg whites, the yolk is slightly pale, pliable and slightly melted:
– Break the eggs into a cup. This helps to align the yolks between the egg.
– The pan does not stick to the stove over medium heat. Lightly apply a layer of cooking oil.
When the oil is hot, slowly pour the egg whites down first to cook, then add the last yolk so that it fits neatly in the center of the white.
– Wait another 15-20 seconds until the white is ripe, you can apply more oil on the rim to make the rim a bit crunchy, turn off the heat, take separate plate.
c) How to make chicken with basil:
– Heat cooking oil in a pan, add garlic and chili to fry for 10 seconds and then cook the chicken.
– Add the sauce and cook until the sauce is halved and thick. Tasting again according to family taste.
– Finally, add the basil leaves to the island evenly, when slightly wilt, turn off the heat.
d) Presentation: Scoop the rice to a plate, add fried basil chicken, some sliced cucumbers, put an omelette on top and enjoy!