Sachsen-Anhlat: Magdeburg state parliament evacuated after bomb threat



Bomb threat in Magdeburg!

The main building of the state parliament of Saxony-Anhalt was cleared on Monday afternoon. A bomb threat had previously been received by email via a central mailbox, as a parliamentary spokeswoman for the German press agency confirmed. “The police are there,” she said.

+++ BILD is now also on TV! Click here for BILD LIVE +++

The members of the state parliament and all employees had been asked by loudspeaker to leave the building. “Meanwhile, a few dozen people are standing on the cathedral square and waiting,” said the spokeswoman. When the police investigations will be completed is still unclear.

State Parliament President Gunnar Schellenberger (CDU) said to the “Volksstimme”: “It is catastrophic when we get such a situation and it is frightening that the current situation is escalating so.” Schellenberger also said, according to the newspaper, that the assumption is obvious that the bomb threat is in connection with Corona opponents.

About 50 people had to be evacuated and were initially sent home for the rest of the day.

.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *