The famous garlic butter shrimp dish of a Thai restaurant in Las Vegas, USA has a fairly simple way and is an interesting suggestion for the whole family on the weekend.
1. Raw materials:
a) About shrimp and spices
– 500 grams of prawn
– 1 egg, beaten
1/2 teaspoon of seasoning seed
1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder
– 1 teaspoon of white wine (deodorize the fishy smell of shrimp).
1/2 teaspoon of pepper
– 1/2 cup potato starch / or cornstarch, flour
– 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
b) Regarding the garlic butter sauce: You reduce the salty and sweetness according to family taste:
– 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
– 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil
– 1-2 tablespoons unsalted butter (no salt)
– 2 tablespoons fish sauce
– 2 tablespoons of palm sugar / or brown sugar
– 1 tablespoon oyster oil
– 1 teaspoon of roasted black pepper, pounded
c) Other materials:
– Vegetable oil for frying
– Cilantro, decorative chili
a) To make mixed sauce: You should use a bowl, mix 2 tablespoons fish sauce, 2 tablespoons sugar, 1 tablespoon oyster oil, 1 tablespoon black pepper and set aside.
b) Preliminary processing and marinating shrimp:
– The shrimp are cleaned, using scissors to cut at the back, pulling thread, gently separating a part of the shell but still sticking to the body.
Marinate shrimp with 1 beaten egg, 1/2 teaspoon seasoning seed, 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder, 1 teaspoon white wine, 1/2 teaspoon pepper in about 15 minutes.
c) How to fry shrimp:
– Put the shrimp in zipper plastic bag or large plastic box, add potato flour / or cornstarch, add baking powder, shake well to stick to the sides of the shrimp.
– Heat vegetable oil in a deep pan (enough oil to cover shrimp). Soak the chopsticks test, if there is foam at the tip of the chopsticks, the oil reaches the temperature.
– Divide the shrimp into small batches, put them in a pan one by one, and fry all sides for about 1 minute. Note that it is not advisable to add much shrimp at once because the temperature will decrease, making the coating dough become loose.
– After the first frying is done, take out all the remaining layers of flour, increase the oil temperature in the pan for fast frying a second time to help the shrimp crispy and drain the oil. The second quick frying time is only 15-20 seconds.
– Take out the shrimp and put in oil absorbent paper.
d) How to shock shrimp with garlic butter sauce:
– In another pan, you add a little garlic non-aromatic oil. When the garlic turns yellow, add the light butter, stirring to melt the butter.
– After that, add the sauce mixture above and taste it again according to family taste. Boil and stir the sauce well for 2-3 minutes until it becomes thick.
– At this time, quickly put the shrimp on the island, shake well so that the sauce can evenly cling to the sides of the shrimp.
e) Service: Transfer shrimp to a plate, garnish with coriander, chili (optional) and enjoy immediately with hot rice or raindrops are suitable.