WhatsAppWhatsApp is the most popular messaging platform in the world. With over two billion monthly users, it is quite possible that anyone you want to reach is on WhatsApp. However, despite its popularity, it lacks one key feature – the ability to send messages without adding a number to the phonebook as a contact. Today we will take a look at few ways to start WhatsApp chat without adding phone number as a contact:-
these are the ways
WhatsApp’s wa.me short links can be used to start a WhatsApp chat without saving any contact. The same short link API is also used by apps like WhatsApp or Click to Chat to launch a new chat. It is also possible to create a shortcut on an iPhone that uses the API to start a chat.
At first glance, it may seem that there is no way to start a chat in WhatsApp without saving the number. However, what actually exists is a method that is probably designed for integration into websites and apps. WhatsApp’s Click to Chat feature uses the wa.me shortcut link to start a chat with any active WhatsApp account.
To use the function, simply go to your browser and type https://wa.me/phonenumber. The phone number field must also include the country and area code, but no modifiers such as + or – or 00. For example, if you are in India, the syntax would be https://wa.me/919911223344.
Tap on Enter and WhatsApp will take you to a website with a green message button. Tapping this button will drop you into the chat.
You can also use the app
If the above process sounds too complicated then there are several apps that use similar functionality but make it very quick and easy to start a WhatsApp chat without adding a contact to the phonebook.
WhatsDirect is an app where you can enter phone numbers and chat messages. Tap Send, and it’ll drop you into the main messaging app. The app does not require any permissions, but ads are displayed in the interface. An alternative option is Click to chat which does exactly the same thing, but drops the ads.
how to in iphone
The first way to access the wa.me link in the browser works fine on the iPhone as well. There is a better way to chat on WhatsApp without saving contact numbers on iOS. The Shortcuts app lets you input a phone number and set up a quick access way to chat instantly.
- Go to the Shortcuts app and create a new shortcut.
- For the first action, tap on ‘Add Action’ and search for ‘Ask for Input’.
- Once selected, tap on the Action field and set it to ask for a number.
- Assign it the ‘Easy-to-Remember Assign Label’.
- Now add another action. For the second action, you need to set it as a variable. In the first field, type the same label as above.
- In this case, it will be called a phone number. In the second field, select Provided input. This will ensure that the phone number, once added, will be assigned to the specific field.
- For the third action, select the url option. In the url field, enter http://api.whatsapp.com/send?phone=91 and follow it with the above variable. In this case, it will be the variable called the phone number. Be sure to replace 91 with your country’s dialing code in the URL field.
- Finally, the fourth action is to launch the browser with the URL.
- You can now add a shortcut to the Home screen, launch it from Spotlight Search, or even use Siri to launch a chat without adding a contact.
Can someone call someone on WhatsApp without saving the contact number?
- not directly. However, you can start a chat with an unsaved number and then make a phone call using the phone icon within the chat.
read this also:
Instagram New Features: 60 seconds time will be available for stories videos on Instagram, the company is testing this feature
Amazon Deal: If you want to buy iPad Air, then do not miss the chance of discount up to 20 thousand in the sale