This familiar dish will become attractive with some simple and familiar tips.
– Total processing time: 40 minutes (preliminary processing: 15 minutes, boiling meat: 25 minutes)
– Level: Easy
Servings: 4-5 people eat
Calorie content: 1150 kcal
1. Raw materials:
– 500 grams of bacon, filter / remove bones, pay attention to choose fresh meat (light skin, press on elastic).
– 2-3 crushed purple onions.
– 1 small ginger branch.
– 1 teaspoon of salt.
1/2 teaspoon pepper.
– 1/2 teaspoon vegetable seasoning seeds.
Lemon / or vinegar, cool boiled water and clean ice.
– Large white cotton thread used exclusively for the pork hock. If you do not have one, you can use a rope or bamboo strip.
– Towel clean bucket.
2. How to:
a) Preliminary processing:
– Hams are filtered / boned, washed, drained or soaked dry, marinated with a little pepper, soup powder inside.
– Next, curl the outer skin adjacent to each other evenly, use cotton thread to wrap the cylinder, wrap and tie. The aim is that when sliced will create beautiful circles. Note: Do not tighten because when the meat is boiled, it will easily crack when it is absorbed.
– Deodorize and clean the meat: Put the ham in a pot of cold water, add 1 crushed ginger branch, a little salt, boiled vinegar to blanch, to remove all impurities. Pour out, rinse. This makes the meat more delicious after it is boiled.
b) How to boil meat:
– Put the ham in the pot, fill the pot with cold water, add 2-3 crushed purple onions, 1 crushed ginger branch, 1 teaspoon of salt, 1/2 teaspoon pepper, 1/2 teaspoon coffee beans seasoning vegetables. Turn on the stove, bring to a boil.
– After boiling, remove the foam, lower the heat and boil for 20-25 minutes (depending on the size of the trotters big or small). Using a bamboo skewer or chopstick tip to see that the meat does not produce pink juice. Turn off the stove to soak the ham for another 5-8 minutes to let the sweetened sweetened meat be more fragrant and not red.
– After that, take out the meat and put it in boiling water to cool it with ice, a few slices of fresh lemon help firm meat and keep its pure white color.
– Wait for the legs to cool down, take it out, soak it dry, use a clean bucket towel to incubate or put in a sealed box to refrigerate for 1.5-2 hours for meat to hunt, stick together, firm to make slicing thin, easier.
c) Present and enjoy: Use a knife to thin the pork belly meat in slices and round it up on a plate and enjoy. Each piece is delicious, crispy skin, inside the meat is soft, sweet, and attractive. This dish is dipped with lemon salt or shrimp paste, shrimp sauce is very delicious!