Series of arson attacks in Berlin: This baby could have died


Firefighter saves girl (8 months)

Berlin – Wrapped in a pink blanket, the firefighter holds the small bundle of people protectively in her arm, her tiny feet dangling down. Little Anjelina (8 months) and her parents just escaped from the fire horror.

Look, you rotten arsonists, this baby could have died!

The eerie series of fires in the east of the city does not stop. In Hellersdorf, prams went up in flames again on Monday evening. Also that of the little girl who was rescued by the fire brigade.

Daniel R. (22, department store detective), wife Ramona (22, housewife) with daughter Anjelina (8 months)

Photo: Joerg Bergmann

Around 8 p.m., residents of Oelsnitzer Strasse noticed heavy smoke in the hallway and dialed the emergency call.

“I wrapped Anjelina in a blanket, took a pacifier and a bottle and wanted to leave the apartment,” says dad Daniel R. (22). “But thick smoke hit me from the hallway.”

The prams in the hallway were set on fire and burned out.  Dense smoke wafted through all floors

The prams in the hallway were set on fire and burned out. Dense smoke wafted through all floors

Photo: Joerg Bergmann

Even when looking out the window, the 22-year-old only saw smoke. While his wife Ramona (22) fled to the balcony with their daughter, he sealed the front door with wet towels. Then he desperately yelled out the window: “Help, I’m here with my baby. We can’t stay here.”

Then finally the rescue! Daniel R.: “A firefighter wrapped a blanket around Anjelina and carried her outside.”

IT manager Patrick P. (31) shows the damage to the front door, which has not been repaired since New Year's Eve

IT manager Patrick P. (31) shows the damage to the front door, which has not been repaired since New Year’s Eve

Photo: Joerg Bergmann

A few apartments away, IT manager Patrick P. (31) and his girlfriend Mildred A. (33, graphic designer) had headphones on and were surprised by the fire at work.

“I was scared to death,” says Mildred A. “We put our budgies Inti and Thod on the balcony. Then the fire brigade came and got us out of the apartment with breathing masks.”

Young people had fired up fire in the house on New Year’s Eve. Since then, the front door has been broken, the tenants report. Patrick P.: “You can simply climb through there. Deutsche Wohnen didn’t fix it.”

When asked by BILD on Tuesday, the landlord confirmed that the door had not been repaired. The spokesman could not name a reason, but concedes: “That shouldn’t happen.” Yesterday, the housing company reacted and sent craftsmen.

Fire investigators from the police are now checking whether the fire can also be attributed to the series of arson attacks in the past week.

.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *