Delicious duck meat dipped in ginger fish sauce, sweet crispy bamboo shoots served with soft noodles … everyone who eats is ‘addicted’ right from the first minute.
The way to make noodles with duck bamboo shoots seems simple with 2 main ingredients, duck and bamboo shoot, but it is not easy to make a delicious product without the smell of duck.
The detailed recipe below will reveal the secrets of clear broth, natural sweet bar, medium soft ripe duck, and delicious crispy bamboo shoots.
1. Raw materials: Feed 5-6 people
a) Regarding duck meat and duck’s deodorizing ingredients:
– 1 duck (about 1.9 – 2 kg)
– 1 tablespoon salt
– 1 ginger root the size of thumb, fresh ginger crushed and finely chopped
– 2.5 tablespoons of white wine
– 2 tablespoons of vinegar or lemon
– 1 cup of fresh milk (Milk makes duck meat softer)
b) Regarding the water used:
– 1 onion
– ½ white radish (about 40-50 grams)
– 1 grilled ginger root, scraped the black layer on the skin, washed, crushed
– 4-5 grilled purple onions, scraped off the black layer, washed
– Water is enough to boil duck (about 3.5 liters)
c) Seasoning to taste in a pot of water when boiling the duck to make the duck meat sweeter:
1.5 – 2 tablespoons salt
– 1.5 tablespoons of rock sugar
– 1/2 teaspoon monosodium glutamate (optional). Note when boiling the duck, do not rush to season the seeds because it is easy to make the water cloudy. Should tasting after finishing.
d) As for bamboo shoots and shiitakes:
– 700 grams of fresh bamboo shoots (or dried bamboo shoots are fine)
– 150 grams of dried shiitake mushrooms, soak and wash them
– Vegetable oil
– Onions, minced garlic
* Seasoning when stir-frying bamboo shoots:
– 2 teaspoons of salt
– 1 teaspoon of sugar
– Monosodium glutamate (optional)
e) Ginger fish sauce:
– 3.5 tablespoons fish sauce (about 30-40 protein)
3.5 tablespoons of sugar
– Half a lemon
– 4-5 garlic cloves, chopped
– 1 piece of ginger, crushed
– 1-2 chili
f) Cabbage salad / cabbage salad:
– 1/3 cabbage, chopped, soaked in ice cold water
– 1/2 carrot, peeled, thin fibers
– 1/2 thin sliced onion, soaked in cold water.
– 2-3 tablespoons of roasted peanuts, pounded
– 2 tbsp crispy dry onions
– 1 bunch of lettuce washed, chopped
– 3 tbsp sugar
– 2 tablespoons fish sauce (40 protein)
– 10-11 tbsp of water
– 3 tablespoons of lemon juice
– 2 teaspoons of minced garlic
– 2 teaspoons of ginger, beaten
g) 1.5 kg of fresh noodles (If you are abroad, you will use dry noodles).
h) Other materials
– Raw vegetables: grated water spinach, basil, cilantro, bean sprouts …
– Scallion, separate the white onion to drain the water separately, and chopped green green onion.
2. How to do:
a) Making bamboo shoots:
– Fresh bamboo shoots are stripped of the skin, sliced thinly, the young tops are sliced longitudinally. Soak bamboo shoots in water to wash rice, together with a little salt for 1-2 hours. Then, boil it 2-3 times and wash it to remove the bitterness. If fresh bamboo shoots are not available, dried bamboo shoots can be used (it is necessary to soak the rice overnight, boil 2 water, wash it).
– Put oil in the pan, fry the onion, minced garlic and then pour fresh bamboo shoots, shiitake mushrooms on the island. Add spices to suit your taste.
b) How to clean and deodorize duck:
– The duck cleans, pulls out the hairline and fluff, removes the sebum glands in the tail (the fishing line) because these parts are the cause of the odor.
– Deodorizing: Mix crushed / crushed ginger with salt, white wine, lemon / white vinegar and rub it all over the duck body. Wash 2-3 times to clean. After that, continue to get fresh milk and rub all sides, then continue to wash again. This way helps the duck eliminate odors, and at the same time the meat is more delicious.
c) How to boil fragrant sweet duck and cook broth in:
– Put the water in a large pot to boil it slightly, then add the cleaned duck. Then, add onions, ginger and salt, sugar, and monosodium glutamate (if used) to make the duck meat more delicious. Take care not to add wedge seeds to easily cloudy broth.
– When the duck is boiling, cut off the foam and lower the heat, cover with a pot to let the duck cook evenly. Pick up the foam from time to time to make the broth clear.
– After about 25-30 minutes, poke in with the tip of small chopstick. If there is no pink liquid, the duck is ripe. Turn off the heat, cover the pot and soak the duck for 10 -15 minutes. This will help keep the water sweet and free from red meat. Then, remove the duck to cool, chop the pieces to taste or cut the bones into pieces depending on the taste of each family.
– For the broth, remove the onions and ginger. At this time, add the cleaned blood and duck stomach to boil, take out, cut pieces to taste, and set aside. After that, let the stir-fried bamboo shoots boil, season with salt sauce, seasoning seeds to suit family taste.
d) Prepare raw vegetables: Rinse, soak in diluted salt water, remove the drain.
e) Steamed vermicelli in boiling water to reduce sourness.
f) How to make cabbage salad:
– Mixed water for salad: Put 3 tablespoons of sugar, 2 tablespoons of fish sauce, 10-11 tablespoons of water, 3 tablespoons of lemon juice, minced ginger garlic in a bowl and mix well.
– Shredded cabbage, sliced onions, sliced carrots, soaked in cold ice for crispy, then picked out and mixed with water mixture on top of chopped vegetables. Then, put the salad on a plate, arrange the duck meat on top, sprinkle with roasted peanuts and crispy dry onions on top.
g) How to make ginger fish sauce for duck meat dipping: In a bowl, add 3.5 tablespoons of sugar, 3.5 tablespoons of fish sauce (30-40 protein), half lemon juice, add crushed ginger, minced garlic, chili and stir until dissolved. when creating a thick, rich consistency.
h) Presentation: Put the vermicelli in the bowl, add duck meat, blood, fresh bamboo shoots, mushrooms, pour broth. Garnish with scallions, Chinese coriander, basil. Sprinkle with pepper, a few slices of chili and enjoy.