ChinaTeaching forever but his 10-year-old son is not receptive, the father trembles with anger, while out of control, he slams it hard on his left ear.
Dr. Xu Huiming, deputy head of the Department of Ear, Nose and Throat, Hangzhou People’s Hospital said he received this case a few days ago. The child was brought to the clinic by her parents with a worried expression on her face. At first, they just said that the son had pain in his ear and needed to be examined.
Mr. Xu thought the child had fallen or been in a traffic accident, but observing with his eyes, the doctor did not detect any external injury. “I asked the boy’s parents to give him his medical history as much as possible. They hesitated, but then told the truth,” he said.
It turned out that the night before, the 10-year-old boy had been instructed by his father to do his homework. While teaching the child to learn, this parent is extremely angry because the child refuses to learn. “I was so angry that my hands trembled. While uncontrolled, I hit her left ear,” Xu Huiming repeated his father’s words.
Although he could not see his ear bleeding and could hear it, the father was very sorry for his failure and deeply worried. The next morning, the child did not show any special signs, but he and his wife decided to go to the examination.
After a careful examination by electric ear and endoscope, the doctor discovered that the boy’s left eardrum had an abnormally punctured hole, about 0.2 x 0.4 cm in size. The primary diagnosis was a perforation of the eardrum due to trauma to the left ear and mild hearing loss.
Dr. Xu Huiming recommends monitoring the boy for the first month, avoiding respiratory tract infections, ear infections, and avoiding strenuous exercise. If the eardrum doesn’t heal after one, even two, three months, surgery is required.
The head of the Department of Mental Health, Zhejiang Su Heng Hospital, said that it is common for children to be lazy and inattentive. The reason is that they have not formed a learning habit, feel they have played enough, then learn, cannot organize their time by themselves, and love phones and televisions.
In addition, some children deviate from their perception of learning. They often think “learning is the work of the parents, not the responsibility of the child”, “studying hard, learning boring” … In addition, children also have emotional changes: being blamed by teachers at school. , you bully, your family is at odds or provoked by other major life events … leading to a lack of concentration.
Dr. Su Heng said that being the parent, depending on the cause and the condition of the child, it will solve the problem accordingly.
Parents need to note the following
– Be a good role model for your child, for example not looking at the phone or playing games while they are studying.
– Develop good habits of children: Ask your child to do other things only after completing their homework. Let children organize their learning sequence, do not impose, ask them, let them learn at their own pace.
– Don’t break your child’s pulse while your child is learning: If your child makes a mistake, wait until your child has finished the assignment or all the exercises before correcting. Because if you intervene in the middle, you will lose interest to continue, resulting in negative emotions.
– Regularly converse with children: The child actively shares with his parents that a child who can listen, does not criticize or arbitrarily “correct” others. Whether your child has a naive or bad thought, let him finish speaking and then find the appropriate way to adjust.
If your child doesn’t like to talk, parents take the initiative to start with topics they care about. Don’t just ask about the score but pay attention to the child’s lifelong intellectual path. Let your child slowly formulate the basic concept: “take responsibility for yourself”.
– Let your child really enjoy learning: Liking to learn is always more important than the result. Through repeated situational stories and examples, let your children know that learning is what they will do for a lifetime, but in a different way. This world is rich and colorful, learning is about understanding, recognizing, analyzing and predicting the world, not just for achievement.
– Focus on short attention span: After your child has focused a short time, let your child rest for a few minutes as he likes and praise him when he can focus longer.
If your child is always moving around while doing his homework, never being quiet, even walking frequently in class, check if he or she has “attention deficit hyperactivity disorder”.
The expert also reminded parents to control their emotions so as not to hurt their children, at the same time, not to harm their health, especially those with cardiovascular diseases, cerebrovascular diseases such as high blood pressure. .
Intelligent Update (According to the Sina)