Naomi Osaka once again shined in a big game by beating Serena Williams in just 75 minutes, winning back after being 0-2 in the first set by a player who had never lost semi-finals at the Australian Open before save 5/7 break points in the whole game.
– Osaka scored 20 winner, Serena got only 12, and Serena made 3 more mistakes than Osaka. This is Osaka’s second win over Serena in a Grand Slam, before she surpassed her seniors in the US Open final in 2018.
Osaka is on a streak of 11 consecutive wins as she competed in the quarterfinals, semifinals, and finalists of the Grand Slam tournaments she attended. On the way to the final (6 matches), Osaka has won 5 opponents in the top 50 WTA. She almost lost when facing 2 match points against Garbine Muguruza.
– The last time a female player won all four Grand Slam finals the first time she attended was Monica Seles period 1990-1991, and Osaka is the next chance to re-establish that achievement.
– Jennifer Brady had a hard match against Karolina Muchova in the semifinals, she saved 3 break points but it took 5 match points to finish the match. This result will definitely make her into the top 20 WTA.
– Brady has been in high form since the beginning of 2020, she has had 6 awards to at least the quarterfinals. She has now won 22/28 games since tennis returned after Covid-19.
– Brady has a record of 2 wins – 11 lost to top 10 players, but defeated both world No. 1 Ashleigh Barty and world No. 6 Elina Svitolina.
– In the last 8 Grand Slam tournaments, 6 people reached the semi-finals for the first time and 5 of them won the championship, with the only exception being Roland Garros 2019.
– Osaka and Brady met 3 times, Brady won Osaka in 2014 when both were out of the top 200 but Osaka won both times later in Charleston 2018 and the US Open 2020 semi-final, a 3-set match ending later. 2 o’clock.