Itzehoe train station: Two dead young people after 15,000 volt electric shock



Tragic accident in Itzehoe.

Two young people died after being electrocuted in the station area.

How could this happen? A group of young people climbed onto the tank car parked in the station on Saturday evening and came too close to overhead lines. This resulted in a flashover of 15,000 volts. Two died and another was burned to his hand. A spokesman for the federal police said on Sunday night.

According to the police spokesman, a large number of rescue workers were on duty after the accident. The station was closed for about an hour and a half on Saturday evening. According to Deutsche Bahn, there were significant delays. The identity of the dead and the injured was initially unclear.

The Federal Police repeatedly point out that electric shocks can also occur if you do not touch the overhead line. If you come closer than 1.50 meters to the line with 15,000 volts, the current can jump to the body.

.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *