Nowadays, all our important data remains in the phone. Our phone stays full with photos, videos and important apps. In such a situation, people whose smartphones have less internal storage, have to face the problem of storage. Even though your phone shows 16GB of internal storage, you are not able to use it completely. Half of the internal storage of the phone is used for software updating. This is the reason that whenever we download an app, click a photo or video, the phone’s storage shows full. Today we are telling you the solution to this same problem. You can increase the internal storage of your phone by adopting this trick. Let us know what a trick is.
How to increase phone’s internal storage
If the internal storage in your phone shows full and it causes you trouble again and again, then we are telling you such a trick that you can increase the phone’s storage significantly. For this you just have to make some changes to the SD card and settings. By doing this, your phone’s internal storage and micro SD card storage become one. For example, if the internal storage of your phone is 4GB and the memory card is 32GB, then the total memory of the phone will be 32GB. After following this trick, all your files will be saved in the memory card itself.
Make this change in settings
- To do this, first go to Settings in the phone and click on Storage & USB option.
- Here you will see an option called Portable Storage at the bottom. You have to click on it.
- Here you will see the name of the SD card at the bottom.
- Now click on the SD card, after which a new page will open.
- On this page, three dots will appear on the right hand side, click on it.
- Here you will get 2 options, in which you have to click on Settings.
- Now click on the option of Format as internal and tap on Erase & Format option.
- The process of internal storage of the card has started. This takes some time, so do not tamper with the phone’s buttons.