Digital Payment: India leads in most of the countries in the digital payments segment. UPI means Unified Payments Interface has fueled this growth. In many cases it is much easier than paying through cash. However, it needs an active internet connection to make payments. Imagine you are in a place where there is no internet and you don’t have cash to pay. As such, you can still pay without any issues with very little network coverage.
You can use UPI in offline mode by using USSD code through your phone. Notably, the *99# service was launched for all mobile users, irrespective of the model, and supports both smartphones and feature phones. Also, the phone number should be linked to your bank account to make UPI payments.
Also read: COVID-19 Vaccine: From January 3, 15 to 18 years old people will get the vaccine, here is the complete process to book slots
For smartphone users, offline UPI is not necessary, who can use UPI apps like PhonePe, Google Pay etc. However, feature phone users can avail *99# USSD code to use UPI. Also, this feature is good for smartphone users facing internet problem.
Also read: mAadhaar App: 10 Important things you can do with mAadhaar App, here is the complete list
How To Make UPI Payments Without Internet
- First of all type *99# from your phone’s keypad and make a call.
- Now many options will come in front of you. First option will be “Send Money” then dial 1.
- Now it will ask you where and how you want to send money, like on mobile number, UPI ID, IFSC code or any already saved beneficiary.
- Now fill the details by selecting any of these options and tap on send.
- Now enter the amount and send.
- Now put a remark.
- Now you will be asked for UPI PIN, tap on it and send it. Now the payment is done.
Also read: Prepaid Recharge Plan: Jio is giving 1GB data for Rs 10 and Vi for Rs 4.18, here are the complete details of the plan
Specifically, you can also disable the UPI USSD code. To do this you have to call *99#. Select option 4 “My Profile” from the list and then select number 7, which is to be de-registered with UPI. USSD Code Confirm your choice to disable UPI payment service.