Crispy spring rolls, fragrant sweet and a little chewy from snails, combined with sweet and sour fish sauce will make you surprised.
Beside meat shrimp rolls, traditional crab spring rolls, snail rolls is a new and attractive suggestion on Tet. With a little variation, this dish has a unique taste, which is included in the menu by many restaurants. The article also shares how to make spring rolls crispy, not watery.
– Total time: 1 hour 30 minutes
– Level: Medium
Servings: 4-5 people eat
Calorie content: 1508 kcal
1. Raw materials:
a) Prepare the kernel:
– 1 kg of fresh stuffed snail or fresh jackfruit seed snail (after cleaning, taking the snail’s gut, it is about 350-400 grams).
– 100 grams of ground pork, should choose the pork shoulder because the meat is soft, with a little fat to make the spring roll not dry.
– 100 grams of raw rolls
– 2 lemongrass branches, chopped
– 1 small ginger branch, chopped
– 1 handful of guise leaves, chopped. This is also the spice that adds the appeal to the spring rolls.
– 1/2 cup (small bowl) vermicelli (soaked in soft water, chopped)
– 1/2 cup wood ear (soak in hot water soft, squeeze salt and wash off the smell, cut into small pieces)
1/4 cup chopped carrots
– 1/2 cup bean sprouts, chopped
– 3-4 purple onions, chopped
– 1-2 tablespoons of scallion oil (make use of the oil to make the onion, to make the filling more fragrant. You can use sesame oil instead).
– 1 egg
– 1-2 teaspoons of cornstarch / or flour to help dry the kernel, when stored for a long time, do not get water
– Chopped scallions
– 1-2 teaspoons of pepper
– 1 teaspoon of seasoning seeds
b) Prepare the shell:
– Dumplings (choose thick and soft)
– The spring roll paste:
+ Use beer or wine to whip the spring rolls.
+ Egg whites to stick the edge when rolling.
– A handful of guise leaves washed, dried (to add to the rice paper rolls when rolled for a beautiful, more delicious flavor).
c) Side dishes:
– Sweet and sour sauce.
– Lettuce, herbs as you like, washed, soaked in dilute salt water, sprinkled with water.
– Vegetable oil for frying.
– Some lemon juice.
2. How to do:
a) How to prepare snails:
– Snail bought and soaked with rice water mixed with a few chili slices to release all the mud. After 1-2 hours, rinse and boil, chop the snail meat and squeeze it with a little lemon and salt to remove the oil, rinsing and slicing will help make the spring rolls crunchy (should not be chopped because of loss of crunch characteristic of snail).
– In a large mixing bowl, mix the snail meat with ground pork, raw pork rolls, wood ear, rice vermicelli, bean sprouts, carrots, chopped shallot, chopped guise leaves, minced lemongrass, seasoning seeds, pepper, oil onions, eggs, cornstarch / or flour. Leave for about 5 minutes to absorb spices.
b) How to pack the spring rolls:
– Use a soft towel dipped in beer to slightly dampen and then gently brush on the spring roll cake for easy wrapping.
– Add 1/4 spring rolls to the inside, draw the filling in the middle, fold the edges and then roll gently (take care not to roll your hands too tightly or too loose. Because too tight, it will burst / break when frying) .
– When rolling to the middle, add 1 guise leaf, continue to roll. When it’s almost done, smudge the egg whites onto the edges to create sticky notes to fold. Do one at a time until the kernel is gone.
– After the roll is finished, the rolls should be put in the refrigerator for about 20-30 minutes to form a firm shape and when frying is more crispy.
c) Crispy fried spring rolls:
– Place a deep pan on the stove, add a few drops of lemon juice (to help crispy spring rolls, not to be black when fried). So fried spring rolls with 2 fire will be crunchy and delicious:
+ First time: Turn on the stove to heat cooking oil, use the tip of the chopsticks to test if it is bubbling up to reach the heat, lower the heat. One by one, fry the spring rolls to fry, take out the paper to absorb oil. The oil in the pan, use 1 egg white and stir well to filter the black, filter through the sieve to get more clear oil.
+ 2nd time: When eating, frying spring rolls 2 at a higher temperature will make the spring rolls crunchy, while draining the oil and making the spring rolls not too sick. Take out spring rolls and put in oil absorbent paper.
d) How to prepare the sauce: Details here
e) Present and enjoy:
– Finished products: Spring rolls crunchy on the outside, soft and chewy inside the core. In particular, exuding the aroma of guise leaves, lemongrass creates a very attractive, strange and familiar aftertaste.
– Put spring rolls on a plate with herbs, sweet and sour sauce. This dish served with vermicelli or hot rice is very delicious!