Each strand of small white vermicelli, neatly in a bowl of amber-colored dipping sauce, fragrant grilled rolls … makes the taste of Ha forever lingering.
With simple ingredients, but in order to make an attractive bowl of bun cha, keeping its own roundness of period land requires sophistication in each action.
1. Ingredients: For 4-5 people
a) For spring rolls, spring rolls:
– Choose fresh meat, press on with elastic, bright pink:
+ 500 g of lean pork shoulder grind at a time, this meat is the best choice for pie because the meat is tender, has both lean and a bit of fat, making it both soft and dry when grilled.
+ 500 g bacon (bacon) or armpit meat, thinly sliced, large, filtered off the skin (skin) so that when baked it is not hard and the skin is easily burned, burned
– The sauce to marinate: Divide in half to marinate 2 separate parts for the pie and pork ball:
+ 3.5 tbsp of delicious fish sauce
+ 2 tablespoons oyster oil
+ 3 tbsp color water / stock water
+ 2 tablespoons of sugar
+ 1 tablespoon honey
+ 2 teaspoons of seasoning seeds
+ 1 teaspoon ground pepper
+ 5-6 purple onions, finely chopped
+ 4-6 garlic cloves, minced
+ 1 tablespoon cooking oil (to marinate more to soften, less dry)
* Note: Hanoi Bun Cha does not use marinated lemongrass, lemongrass is only used to marinate in Southern Grilled Meat Vermicelli.
b) For the sauce: Ratio of water: fish sauce: sugar: vinegar: salt 10: 1: 1: 1 (You can re-taste according to family taste and increase the amount because each person has a separate bowl of dots):
+ 250 ml of filtered water (about 2 cups / small bowl)
+ 25ml fish sauce (about 2 tablespoons of 30-40 protein delicious fish sauce)
25 grams of brown sugar (about 2 tablespoons)
25 ml vinegar (about 2 tablespoons vinegar)
+ 2 teaspoons of salt
+ 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
+ 1 tablespoon chili, seeded, minced
+ 1 drop of Ca cuong essential oil will help dipping sauce to create the quintessential aroma, creating the characteristic feature of Vietnamese noodle soup of Kinh origin
c) Sweet and sour cantaloupe: Green papaya (or kohlrabi), carrot, peeled, pruned flowers. The seasoning comes: Sugar, vinegar, salt, minced garlic.
d) Noodles tangled, thin, white thin fibers
e) Raw vegetables: Balm is indispensable for Hanoi noodle soup. Other side dishes of interest: lettuce, oregano, perilla, bean sprouts.
f) Other side seasonings: minced garlic, minced chili, pepper, lemon slice.
2. How to do:
a) How to make water color (stock water) amber color: The better the color water, the better the spring roll will be golden and delicious.
b) How to marinate and grill meat:
– Marinated sauce: In a bowl, mix the spices including 3.5 tablespoons of delicious fish sauce, 2 tablespoons of oyster sauce, 3 tablespoons of color water / stock, 2 tablespoons of sugar, 1 tablespoon honey, 2 teaspoons seasoning seeds, 1 teaspoon ground pepper, 5-6 chopped purple onions, 1 garlic, minced.
– Marinate the meat: divide the sauce in half and then add 2 parts of the meat to the marinade (lean shoulder grind to make a pork ball) and thinly sliced bacon (to make a pork ball). Minimum 2-hour chilling time or best sealed overnight will taste better. Particularly for lean meat, marinate 1 teaspoon of pork fat or cooking oil to help prevent the pork ball from drying out and making it more delicious when baked.
– Cooking meat:
+ After marinated lean meat, take a small spoon and then shape into small balls like kumquats, press slightly flat to help the pork cook evenly when grilled. Spread a layer of cooking oil on the grill, arrange the spring rolls to bake, fragrant, brown evenly on both sides. If you are more meticulous, you should pack the rolls into a banana leaf (washed, dried) and then baked, the slice will not be damaged and delicious.
+ The bacon is just doing the same thing, put it in the grill (spread a layer of oil to help prevent stickiness) and cook it evenly on both sides.
+ The best cakes are grilled with charcoal. During the baking process, occasionally apply some cooking oil / or water fat on the ball to make it soft and shiny.
c) How to make crispy sweet and sour pickles:
– Green papaya, carrots, peel, trim flowers as you like, slice thin.
– Stir in a little salt to help release the bitter sap in green papaya, leave for about 6-8 minutes and then wash off the salt. Next, add 1-2 tablespoons of sugar and mix well to make the tubers and fruits more crispy and delicious. Then add vinegar, a little salt and mix well.
If you don’t have papaya, use kohlrabi. However, with kohlrabi will soak the sugar first to keep it crisp, then add vinegar and salt to the island.
d) How to prepare the sauce: According to the ratio of filtered water: sugar: fish sauce: vinegar is 10: 1: 1: 1 and a little salt.
Add 250 ml of filtered water to the pot, add 25 grams of sugar, 25 ml of fish sauce, 25 ml of vinegar, and 2 teaspoons of salt and stir to dissolve. Then, bring to the stove to boil for a few minutes, turn off the heat, keep warm until used. When eating, add garlic, minced chili and pepper. Tasting again according to family taste. If you have Ca cuong essential oil, add a small drop to help bring up the characteristic, very delicious fragrance of Bun Cha Hanoi.
e) Presentation and enjoyment:
– Give vermicelli, rolls, raw vegetables, melons to each separate plate. Place next to the amber-colored dipping sauce, full of sweet and sour taste, aroma of tomato cuong essential oil.
– When eating, draw a separate bowl of sauce for each person, give spring rolls, yellow pieces of meat, add a little crispy melon, dab a few chili pieces, add a little raw vegetables without basil, then pick up a little Noodles and enjoy!
– Serve with vermicelli with crustaceans, fried spring rolls.