Eggplant scorched on the outside, soft and sweet inside, mixed with sweet and sour sauce, many people living far away from the countryside will remember old memories.
Eggplant is a food with high nutritional value with lots of fiber, iron, calcium, and low cholesterol. This food is popular, quite cheap, and is preferred by housewives for the family menu.
In particular, the grilled eggplant with onion fat makes it simple but delicious and awakens all senses. This rustic dish appears in many restaurants about homeland dishes.
1. Raw materials:
– 2 medium eggplants (or 3 if small)
– Bamboo skewers or toothpicks
a. Sauce part:
– 2 tablespoons fish sauce
– 1.5 tablespoons of sugar
– 1/2 tablespoon lemon juice (if desired)
– Minced garlic
– Chili seeds removed, chopped (if not spicy, skip the chili)
b. Part of spring onion oil:
– 2 tablespoons of lard (will taste better) or cooking oil will work
– 1 bunch of scallions
1/2 teaspoon salt
c. Other ingredients:
– Roasted peanuts, pounded
– Fried dried onion in yellow (optional)
2. How to:
a. How to make eggplant:
– Wash the eggplant. Use bamboo skewers or bamboo toothpicks to poke tattoos on the sides of the tomato so that when roasting the fire will penetrate the inside, helping the eggplant cook evenly and faster.
– The best grilled eggplant on a charcoal stove, grilled until the outer layer is scorched, try a skewer if it is easily cooked. You can bake with a baking pan or an oven.
– After the eggplant is cooked, take it out and let it cool.
b. How to make onion fat: Wash the scallions, take the chopped green leaves into the bowl with a little oil and salt. Then, microwave it for about 20 seconds. Or heat cooking oil and pour it into a bowl of chopped onion, with salt.
c. Mix sauce mixture: Combine fish sauce, sugar, lemon and stir well to dissolve. Then, add the minced chili garlic.
d. Present: Place the eggplant on a plate, gently peel off the outer skin, stripping them along with a fork to separate the meat into strips along the grain of the eggplant. Sprinkle with sweet and sour sauce, sprinkle with onion fat, crushed peanuts with a little scallion on top and enjoy.