The shrimp outside is crunchy, the inside is soft and sweet, covered in a delicious honey cream sauce.
This dish originated from Hong Kong (China), when combining delicious shrimp with nutty walnuts, rich sauce. In particular, this dish is quite flexible, can be creative according to the taste of each family and replace walnuts with cashews, pecans, peanuts …
1. Raw materials:
Serving size: 4 people
a. Pieces of shrimp and spices:
– 500 g of medium shrimp
– 1 egg, beaten
1/2 teaspoon of salt
1/2 teaspoon of seasoning seed
1/4 teaspoon peppercorns
– 1 cup of flour
– 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
– Vegetable oil for frying
b. Cashew nut portion (optional):
– 1 cup of cashews
1/2 cup of sugar
1/4 cup water
– 1 teaspoon of butter (makes cashews more delicious)
c. Honey cream sauce:
– 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
– 2 tablespoons of honey
– 2 tablespoons of yogurt (if sweet, substitute with condensed milk)
1/2 teaspoon of lemon juice
– Roasted sesame seeds
a. Making cashew nuts:
– North pan on the stove, add butter until melted, then add cashew nuts, stir evenly so that butter sticks to the seeds. Ladle separately to the bowl.
– Add sugar and water to the pot, bring to a boil. Stir until the gold is soft. Add the cashews and gently stir to allow the sugar to stick to the sides. Remove the cashew nuts and place them on wax paper to prevent stickiness.
– Make honey cream sauce: In a small bowl, beat with mayonnaise, honey, pure yogurt / or condensed milk, depending on your taste, lemon juice until a smooth mixture.
b. Making shrimp with honey sauce:
– Shrimp clean, peel, remove black back, blot dry and then marinate with salt, seasoning seeds, pepper for 5-6 minutes to infuse spices.
– In another bowl, beat the egg flakes and then add the flour and flour to beat until thick.
– In a deep pan, add oil to heat. When you put the chopsticks in, try to see the bubbles at the tip of the chopsticks, the oil is hot. Take each shrimp dipped into the flour to get the wet dough to stick to the surface, then quickly put it in the hot oil pan. You should split into small batches so that the shrimp will not stick together. Fry the golden brown evenly, about 2 minutes per side. If you want to be more crispy, you should fry it 2 times.
– Take out the shrimp and put on the oil absorbent paper.
– In a large bowl, add shrimp and sprinkle honey sauce on the island evenly, add cashews, sprinkle with roasted sesame seeds and enjoy!
The combination of crispy shrimp on the outside, naturally soft and sweet on the inside with cashew nut, rich in sauce, makes the dish more attractive.