RBI Governor Shaktikanta Das launched UPI for feature phones, called UPI123pay. He has also launched Digi Saathi – a 24×7 helpline for digital payments. UPI on feature phones will help people in rural areas who cannot use smartphones. Here is the complete information about what facilities you are going to get in this and how money can be transferred.
- UPI (Unified Payments Interface) ‘123PAY’ Will provide services for users who use feature phones.
- UPI will allow 123Pay customers to use feature phones for almost all transactions except Scan & Pay.
- It does not require internet connection for transactions. To use this facility, customers need to link their bank account with the feature phone.
- Feature phone users will now be able to do multiple transactions based on four technical options.
- These include calling IVR (Interactive Voice Response) numbers, app functionality in feature phones, missed call-based approach and proximity count-based payments.
- Such users can make payments to friends and family, pay utility bills, recharge the FASTag of their vehicles, pay mobile bills and check user account balance.
- Customers will also be able to link bank accounts, set or change UPI PIN.
- According to a report, there are an estimated 400 million mobile phone users who have feature phones.
How to Use UPI123Pay
- First of all, users have to link their bank account with UPI123Pay.
- After this, users will have to set the UPI PIN using their debit or credit card.
- Once this is done, users can now avail services including money transfer, electricity bill, LPG bill etc by calling IVR from their feature phone.
- To transfer money, the user has to first select the service, then enter the number on which he wants to transfer money, then the amount and enter his UPI PIN.
- To make payment to a merchant, the user can select any one of the two methods. The first is by using the app and the second is by giving a missed call.
- Apart from this, there is also a voice method to transfer money instantly.
Also read: Samsung launches cheap 5G smartphone in India, 4 cameras are available in addition to Dolby sound, features and offers
Also read: How to schedule Instagram live broadcast, know what is the complete process