Hoi An chili sauce is captivated by the pungent taste of chili, the aroma of garlic, a little flavor of roasted sesame and the enchanting crimson color.
Hoi Hoi chili sauce is an indispensable spice in Quang Nam’s delicacies from chicken rice, chicken rice, beef rolls, Quang noodles, beef noodle soup, porridge …
Although not as smooth as regular chili sauce, Hoi An chili sauce has its own appeal, as a prestigious foreign cuisine site once commented: “This is a delicate sauce, the quality is difficult to place. no match “.
1. Raw materials
– 200 grams of chili, choose large, lean fruit. This is less spicy
– 100 grams of natural chili (hot pepper, if you can’t eat spicy, reduce the quantity)
– 2-3 ripe tomatoes (100 gr)
– 100 gr of garlic, peeled
– 4-5 purple onions, thinly sliced
– 100 gr of brown sugar
– 100 ml of delicious fish sauce
– 90 ml of cooking oil
– 10 ml of cashew oil (or cooking oil)
– 1.5 teaspoons of salt to keep the chili sauce more durable
– 1/2 cup of water
2. How to do: Take care to always wear gloves when handling chili.
– Washed chili, use chili to split big chili.
– Boil a pot of water with a little salt and then let the chili, chili / chili / chili and tomatoes simmer for about 3 minutes. After that, take it out and pour it into a basin of cold water with ice to help chili keep its bright red color. The special thing is that the chili has been boiled so it is no longer spicy, but still retains the aroma of chili, stimulating everyone’s taste.
– Gently peel the tomatoes, remove the stem and chili seeds (if you want to eat spicy, you can keep a little of the seeds). Then, cut the tomatoes and peppers into small pieces.
– Peel the garlic, put it in the blender, take it out separately. Then, put the tomatoes, peppers and half a cup of water in a blender.
– North pan on the stove, add oil and then add garlic and shallots to fry. When the garlic is slightly tightened and turns yellow, take it out to separate in the bowl.
– Put the mixture of ground tomatoes and chili into a pan of oil and fry the garlic. Add 100gr of brown sugar, 100ml of delicious fish sauce, 1 teaspoon of salt and cashew oil. Stir and simmer for about 45-50 minutes or until the chili sauce is drained and thickened as desired, add the garlic, stir and simmer 1-2 minutes. Turn off the heat, let it cool a little, then add roasted sesame seeds to the mixture, stirring.
– To preserve for a long time, let the chili sauce cooled into a glass jar, add a thin layer of cooking oil on top to avoid mold penetration. Refrigerated can be used for a whole month.