George Floyd Trial: Sentence pronounced against killer cop Chauvin on June 16



The verdict in the trial of the violent death of the African American George Floyd has already been passed!

Killer cop Derek Chauvin (45) was found guilty on all three counts on Tuesday afternoon (local time) by a 12-member jury in Minneapolis, Minnesota! But what punishment he will receive has not yet been determined.

▶ ︎ Now it is clear: On June 16, the sentence against Chauvin will be announced. The competent court in Minneapolis announced on Friday (local time).

The main charge of second-degree murder carries a sentence of up to 40 years. In the state of Minnesota, penalties from individual counts do not typically add up. Judge Peter Cahill could stay well below the maximum sentence because Chauvin has no criminal record.

The ex-police officer can appeal his conviction.

May 25, 2020

Chauvin held the knee of Floyd arrested on May 25, 2020 in Minneapolis for nine and a half minutes on charges of counterfeit money. Floyd kept repeating that he couldn’t breathe.

Chauvin’s actions, recorded on a cell phone video, caused international outrage and sparked nationwide protests against racism and police violence in the United States. The late Floyd became a symbol of the Black Lives Matter movement. The phrase “I can’t breathe” became the slogan.

Chauvin had motionless noted the guilty verdict on Tuesday. The ex-police officer, who had previously been released on bail, was arrested immediately.

US President Joe Biden was “relieved” by the verdict and promised to continue the fight against racism and police violence against black people.

Report: Chauvin knelt on a 14-year-old boy in 2017

On Friday (local time) it also came out: The Ministry of Justice is investigating another case of possible police violence from September 4, 2017. At that time, Chauvin was supposed to hit a 14-year-old boy in the head, presumably with his flashlight, and then hit him for at least nine minutes have pressed the floor with his knee – ABC News reports that relevant video material is available to the authorities.

Shocking: While the boy was lying on the floor, he is said to have said over and over again that he could not breathe.

Background: According to ABC News, Chauvin and his colleagues were called to their house by a woman at the time. She said she was attacked by her 14-year-old son and daughter. When the police entered the house, they asked the boy to lie down on the floor immediately, but he refused.

Chauvin is said to have struck with his flashlight, grabbed his throat, and then hit him again. While the boy was in Chauvin’s stranglehold, he is said to have lost consciousness and fell to the ground, said Matthew Frank of the prosecutor who saw the bodycam videos.

As a result, the boy was handcuffed in the prone position – the mother asked the police several times not to kill her son. A little later, the boy was bleeding from his ear and said for the first time that he could not breathe. After eight minutes, Chauvin pressed his knee on the boy’s upper back – it stayed there for nine minutes before the boy was arrested (domestic violence, obstruction of police work) and taken to the hospital.

Chauvin’s behavior has not yet been investigated.

.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *