Federer quit the Australian Open to put Wimbledon and the Olympics easier to eat?


Monday, December 28, 2020 16:13 PM (GMT + 7)

(Sports news, tennis news) Roger Federer’s representative has confirmed that the Swiss tennis player will miss the 2021 Australian Open due to not recovering from a knee injury.

Recently, the Australian Open organizers and Roger Federer’s representative have confirmed that the 39-year-old will not attend the first Grand Slam tournament next year. The Australian Open is a tournament that the Swiss legend has won 6 times in the past.

Federer has not yet scheduled a return

Federer has not played since losing to Novak Djokovic in the 2020 Australian Open semi-finals earlier this year. During that time, the 39-year-old had undergone two knee surgeries. Although he has returned to training in the past time, the Swiss legend still decided to return after consulting with the coaching staff.

The Australian Open used to be the place to see Federer’s perfect return. At this tournament in 2017, the Swiss legend won the championship even though he had suffered a severe back injury before. A year later, Federer returned to Melbourne and continued to successfully defend the championship trophy, which is also the 20th Grand slam title of the player’s career.

Federer’s absence will make the attraction of the Australian Open significantly affected by the Swiss legend who has the largest fan base in the world. Australian Open director Craig Tiley said Federer was disappointed by not being able to attend Melbourne.

“In the end, Federer ran out of time to prepare for the rigors of a Grand Slam, and he was very disappointed that he won’t come to Melbourne in 2021. The Australian Open has always had a special place in the left. heart Federer – remember that it was he who first called the Australian Open the ‘happy tournament’. We wish Federer the best as he prepares for his comeback, and look forward to seeing him in Melbourne in 2022, ”said Craig Tiley.

Meanwhile, former British No. 1 Greg Rusedski thinks that Federer is heading to Wimbledon. Rusedski told Express Sport: “You think Federer has 1 year left, maybe 2 but actually 1 year away, and his focus will be Wimbledon and the Olympics, those will be his two priorities that.

I don’t think he will win the Australian Open or Roland Garros, those will be big challenges for him. Federer can still make good runs there, but won’t win. Wimbledon, that’s the playing field he’s headed for. He won 8 trophies there. Failure against Djokovic, it must be the most heartbreaking loss of his career “.

According to the plan, the Australian Open is scheduled to open on February 8 instead of January 18 as in previous years due to the effects of the Covid-19 epidemic. All players will have to go through a mandatory 14-day quarantine upon arrival in Australia. During that time, players will be continuously checked for Covid-19 but are allowed to practice 5 hours / day at a safe location.

Source: http: //danviet.vn/federer-bo-australian-open-de-don-suc-wimbledon-va-olympic-de-an-hon-502020281 …

Federer quit the Australian Open, Djokovic and Nadal played Lewandowski (Tennis 24/7)

(Sports news, tennis news) Weekly tennis news from December 22-28: The representative of Roger Federer reports bad news about “Express trains” …

.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *