Friday, May 14, 2021 13:11 PM (GMT+7)
(Tennis live, Rafael Nadal – Alexander Zverev, around 5pm, May 14, Rome Masters men’s singles quarterfinals) Zverev has the opportunity to beat Nadal 2 times in a row on clay in 1 week.
– Alexander Zverev just met Rafael Nadal a week ago and beat Nadal at the Madrid Open. Over 10 years ago Novak Djokovic defeated Nadal twice in a row in both Rome and Madrid.
– Zverev entered the quarterfinals after defeating Kei Nishikori 4-6 6-3 6-4. Nadal overcame Denis Shapovalov 3-6 6-4 7-6 although at times faced 2 match points.
– Zverev has won the last 3 matches against Nadal in a row, including 2 matches on hard courts.
– Nadal has lost 2 matches on clay in 2021.
– Nadal has had 3 tournaments this year stopping in the quarterfinals, including two clay tournaments, Monte Carlo & Madrid. Particularly at the Rome Masters, Nadal has won 9 times but 4/6 times in the last tournament he was eliminated in the quarterfinals.
(Sports news, tennis news) The quarter-finals of the Rome Masters will see two very remarkable matches, Djokovic vs. Tsitsipas,…