The sour taste of sauerkraut blends with the sweet and fragrant flavor of fish, the crunchy fat of the fat lip … it consumes rice and vermicelli in cold days.
It is not easy to make a delicious and non-fishy braised carp with melon. The recipe below will help you achieve a delicious, rounded taste.
1. Raw materials:
– 1 – 1.2 kg of carp. Should choose river carp, we are thick, long body. Choosing thicker male carp is more delicious than female carp or fish with thin, lean roe.
– 300 – 350 grams of pickled sauerkraut. Should use moderate pickles: yellow, crunchy, moderate sour. Do not use pickled sauerkraut while eating green will slightly smell and bitter, and not choosing too sour pickles will make the dish lose its sweet aroma.
– 1 cup of grease (or replace bacon only if you like)
– 2 tofu covers
– 3 ripe tomatoes
– 1 fresh turmeric, crushed, squeezed water. If not, use turmeric powder.
– ½ cup of vinegar suddenly
– 2-3 chopped purple onions
– 2-3 garlic cloves
– 1 sliced ginger root
– ½ of the long-stranded carrot used to decorate a beautiful dish (not giving too much will smell the fish).
– Spices: Fish sauce, salt, seasoning seeds, sugar, pepper
– Scallions, dill
– Lemon, salt to deodorize when preparing fish
– Other ingredients: Lard / or cooking oil, some flour, white wine, dried onion, roasted peanuts (if desired)
2. How to:
– Preliminary processing of fish:
+ Clean, remove the gills, remove the intestines, retain the scales (because the fish scales, when fried, are a bit yellow, then braised with melon to eat crispy and delicious, creating a characteristic feature of the pickle braised carp). Use salt and lemon seeds to rub both inside and outside the fish body, rinse. If it is still viscous, add salt, vinegar and water to soak the fish for 10 minutes and then rinse it off again.
+ Then, pat the fish dry, use a knife to cut 2-3 sugar on the fish body to absorb spices to help fish taste better.
+ Marinate fish with a little white wine, a little salt, and ginger for 10-15 minutes. This gives the fish a richer flavor.
– Preliminary processing of other materials:
+ Pickled sauerkraut washed, drained to reduce sourness. If it is long, cut it to taste.
+ Wash tomatoes, cut areca zone (divided into 2 parts: one part is stir-fried to create color, the rest is added later to decorate).
+ Onions with white base part, split and soak in water, green leaves cut into pieces.
+ Then wash it, cut it to taste.
+ Shredded ginger. Chopped or crushed onions and garlic.
+ Crush fresh turmeric, add a little water, filter the turmeric juice. Can use dried turmeric instead.
– Tofu cut into small pieces to taste, fried in gold.
– Frying fish to remove fishy smells:
+ The fish removes the ginger, rubs a little flour on the fish so that when frying, it helps to avoid the oil splash and helps the scales and skin become more crispy.
+ Heat cooking oil, fry the fish over high heat until the fish is slightly yellow. Remove the fish to drain the oil.
+ Stir-fry melon and tomatoes to create color: Put the pork fat in a deep pan, fry the onion, garlic, then add the sauerkraut, 1/2 of the tomatoes add the areca zone and stir fry to create color. Add sliced ginger, crushed chili (if spicy).
+ Cook broth braised fish: Add 1.5 liters of broth / if not, boil water. Add turmeric juice, remaining tomatoes and season with spices including: 2 tablespoons fish sauce, 1 teaspoon salt, 2 teaspoons sugar. Next, add the fish lightly fried and then simmer. After 15-20 minutes, the broth is also reduced to about 1 liter of water. Continue, add grease, fried beans and 2-3 tablespoons of vinegar suddenly (if you give it early, the vinegar will suddenly disappear, it will not smell anymore). If you don’t have vinegar suddenly, you can use lemon juice. Season with 2 teaspoons of seasoning seeds. Turn off the stove.
Scoop carp with braised sauerkraut, grease, tofu and braised water into a deep plate (if there is a stainless steel plate, put on a small stove to warm up as possible). Add cumin, split scallion, split chili, sliced carrot with a little pepper, a few slices of chili (if eaten) and roasted peanuts if you like.
This dish is eaten hot with white noodles or with rice is very delicious.