(Sports news, tennis news) Still underrated than Djokovic but here are 7 reasons why Nadal is most expected at Wimbledon 2022.
Rafael Nadal may be best known for his 14-time Roland Garros feat, but the 22-time Grand Slam champion is also a big contender at all four Grand Slam tournaments and at Wimbledon 2022 as well. Here are 7 reasons Tennis.com gives to affirm, “Gaur” is one of the brightest candidates to win the Grand Slam grass court in the UK.
1. Twice won the Grand Slam grass court. Nadal is one of four male tennis players who have won Wimbledon, he was crowned in 2008 and 2010. Roger Federer is the most successful tennis player (8 times) but has not been able to return to play. Along with Novak Djokovic (6 times), Andy Murray (2 times), Nadal is one of three players who have won Wimbledon at this year’s tournament.
2. Nadal has gone to 3 other finals. Rafa reached the first final in 2006 (losing to Federer), 2007 (losing to Federer) and 2011 (losing to Djokovic). Nadal is one of 13 tennis players who, since 1877 (145 years) have reached the final of the Grand Slam grass court five or more times.
3. Almost reached 2 finals in the last 2 seasons. Nadal has reached the semifinals of Wimbledon for two consecutive years in 2018 and 2019. In the 2018 semi-finals, he lost to Djokovic and lost to Federer in the 2019 semi-finals. This year Federer did not play, Djokovic is the No. 1 seed while Nadal is No. 2 so they can only meet in the final.
4. Wimbledon is the second Grand Slam tournament Nadal won while playing professionally. The first Grand Slam title Nadal won at Roland Garros 2005, then he had 3 more titles here 2006, 2007 and 2008. It was not until 2008 that “Gaur” won the Grand Slam championship in another event. , that is Wimbledon.
5. Nadal has twice scored a “double” to win Roland Garros and then win Wimbledon. In 2008, 2010, after winning the Roland Garros tournament, “Gaur” won another championship at Wimbledon, many fans expect Rafa to do it again.
6. Nadal has a 78% win rate on grass. Not a forte, but the Spaniard has an impressive win rate of 71 wins, 20 losses on grass. Only four male players are competing with a better win rate than “Gaur” on this surface: Federer 86.9%, Djokovic 85%, Matteo Berrettini 84.6% and Murray 82.6%.
7. Nadal is in perfect form on different courts. Nadal has never won the Australian Open and won Roland Garros and this year, the Spaniard did. With a record of 14 wins, 0 losses in two Grand Slam tournaments in 2022, “Gaur” confidently looks towards the Wimbledon 2022 championship.
(Sports News – Tennis News) Rafael Nadal has just returned to play his first grass court match since 2019. Even though it is just a performance match, it is also a positive signal for those who…